- Columbus State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges
of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate,
master's, and educational specialist degrees.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing is approved by the
Georgia Board of Nursing and accredited by the National League for Nursing.
- The respiratory therapy program is accredited by the Joint Review
Committee for Respiratory Therapy Education of the American Medical Association.
- The teacher education program is accredited by the National Council
for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The Georgia Professional Standards Commission accepts Columbus State
University credits for teacher certification.
- The MEd in school counseling and the MS in community counseling
degree programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and
Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- All degree programs offered by the Schwob Department of Music are
fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- The Georgia State Department of Veterans Service has approved
Columbus State University for the training of veterans and eligible dependents.