Bachelor of Business Administration
Turner College of Business
TSYS School of Computer Science
- Program Description
- Admission Requirements
- Learning Outcomes
- Additional Program Requirements
- Program of Study
- 4 Year Course Schedule
Risk Management, Systems Requirement Planning, Test and Evaluation, Systems Development, Cybersecurity Business/Systems Analysis, Strategic Planning and Policy, Program/Project Management (PMA) and Acquisition, Vulnerability Assessment and Management, Compliance Auditing
All graduates in the B.B.A. in Cybersecurity Management program offered by the Turner College of Business will learn the essential skills necessary to join the cybersecurity workforce. Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving and decision-making in a business context.
- Demonstrate knowledge of key business disciplines and concepts.
- Recognize and analyze ethical issues in a business context.
- Demonstrate knowledge of global business concepts and cultural diversity in a business context.
- Communicate effectively in a business context.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using information technology in a business context
- Select and apply appropriate cybersecurity systems techniques and technologies to secure all aspects of a company’s assets
- Demonstrate knowledge of cybersecurity concepts, and apply techniques to create a secure environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of data networking and application of security concepts for protecting organizational data and information systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of project and risk management principles and techniques for cybersecurity projects
Additional Program Requirements
Program Of Study
Area B Institutional Options Required Hours: 4-5
Select two of the following courses:
Select one of the following courses: Foreign Language 1001, 1002, 2001, or 2002
Any Area C-E course with a study abroad component.
Note: Students must complete Area B and Area D with a combined total of 15 credit hours within the following ranges: Area B, 4-5 hours; Area D1, 7-8 hours; Area D2, 3-4 hours. Any additional hours may be applied to Area F or beyond, depending on the program of study. Students should consult their advisors.
Area C Humanities/Fine Arts/Ethics Required Hours: 6
Select one of the following humanities courses:
Area D Science/Math/Technology Required Hours: 10-11
D1: Select two science courses from the list below, one of which must include a lab.
ASTR 1105/1305 (lab optional)
BIOL 1215K (lab included)
BIOL 1125 (no lab)
ENVS 1105/1105L (lab optional)
D2: Select one of the following courses or a science course from above:
*MATH 1125 is recommended for students considering graduate studies.
Area E Social Sciences Required Hours: 12
Select one course from the following two courses:
Take the following course:
Select one behavioral science course from the following courses:
Select one world cultures course from the following courses:
Wellness Requirement Required Hours: 3
Area F Courses Related to Major Required Hours: 18
A grade of "C" or better is required for each course in Area F. Students will not be allowed to take Area G courses until this requirement is met.
ACCT 2102 Principles of Accounting 2
BUSA 2115 Introduction to Business
Area G BBA Core Required Hours: 27
A minimum 2.0 grade point average is required for Area G.
(C or better required in your major’s prerequisite course and BUSA 4185)
BUSA 3116 Quantitative Analysis for Business 2
BUSA 3135 International Business
BUSA 4000 Business Professional Exit Requirement
(taken in last semester)
Select the following course:
BUSA 3126 Business Law
Area H Major Course Requirements Required Hours: 27-30
A minimum grade of "C" is required in each of the following courses:
CYBR 2159 Fundamentals of Computer Networks
CYBR 2106 Introduction to Information Security
CYBR 3128 Cybersecurity Management
CYBR 3106 Cybersecurity Risk Management
Area I General Electives Required Hours: 3-6
A minimum 2.0 grade point average is required for Area I business electives.
Select from the following:
ACCT 3135 Accounting Information Systems
ACCT 4156 Internal Auditing
MISM 3116 Business Analytics
FTA 4001 Foundations of Fintech
Total Hours Required: 123