- Columbus State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and educational specialist degrees, as well as a doctoral degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Columbus State University.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing is approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing; and both the baccalaureate and master's degrees are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Educator Preparation at Columbus State University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The Georgia Professional Standards Commission approves all Columbus State University educator preparation programs that lead to certification in teaching, school library media, counseling and educational leadership.
- The Master of Education in School Counseling and the Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling degree programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- The Department of Art is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- The Department of Theatre is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST).
- The Schwob School of Music is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Columbus State University is accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business to award bachelor's and master's degrees in business through the D. Abbott Turner College of Business.
- The B.S. in Chemistry, ACS-certified track is approved by the American Chemical Society (ACS).
- The Georgia State Department of Veterans Service (State Approving Agency) has approved Columbus State University for the training of veterans and eligible dependents.
- Columbus State University’s Continuing Education has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).