Undergraduate Admission - International Students (and Non-Native Speakers of English)
International students must provide all credentials required of U.S. students. In addition, professional transcript evaluation of all non-US accredited institutions, and an acceptable level of proficiency in the English language are required. All applicants whose native language is not English must provide one of the following:
- Official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) showing a minimum paper-based score of 550, a minimum computer-based score of 213, or a minimum Internet based score of 79, or
- Official results of the ILETS exam showing a minimum of 6.5, or
- Official results of the MTELP exam showing a minimum of 90 or
- An SAT Critical Reading score of 440 or an ACT English score of 17, or
- Successful transfer coursework of English 1101 and 1102 from a regionally accredited U.S institution of higher learning
If the applicant will be attending Columbus State University on an F-1 student visa, a financial guarantee and supporting bank documents are also required.
Application forms and detailed procedures for enrolling as an international student can be obtained at http://admissions.columbusstate.edu/.