Bachelor of Arts
Communication - Communication Studies Track
College of the Arts
Department of Communication
- Program Description
- Admission Requirements
- Learning Outcomes
- Additional Program Requirements
- Program of Study
- 4 Year Course Schedule
- Communication Management
- Human Resources
- Community Relations Specialist/Organizer
- Nonprofit Research
- Communication skills (e.g., writing, speaking and listening).
- Production skills (e.g., computer graphics, Internet sites, public relations)
- Research skills (e.g., library, surveys).
- Critical analysis skills (e.g., apply principles and theory to situations)
- Adaptability in responding to persons (e.g., age, gender, cultural differences) and situations
- Knowledge of communication history, theory and career opportunity
Additional Program Requirements
Program Of Study
Area B Institutional Options Required Hours: 4-5
Select two of the following courses:
Select one of the following courses: Foreign Language 1001, 1002, 2001, or 2002
Any Area C-E course with a study abroad component.
Note: the extra hour may be used as an elective.
Area C Humanities/Fine Arts/Ethics Required Hours: 6
Select one of the following humanities courses:
Area D Science/Math/Technology Required Hours: 10-11
Select two science courses from the list below, one of which must include a lab.
ASTR 1105/1305 (lab optional)
BIOL 1215K (lab included)
BIOL 1125 (no lab)
ENVS 1105/1105L (lab optional)
Select one of the following courses or a science course from above:
Area E Social Sciences Required Hours: 12
Select one course from the following two courses:
Take the following course:
Select one behavioral science course from the following courses:
Select one world cultures course from the following courses:
Wellness Requirement Required Hours: 3
Area F Courses Related to Major Required Hours: 18
Take the following courses:
Foreign Language 1002
Foreign Language 2001
Select one of the following:
ENGL 2158 Advanced Writing for the Non-English Major
Foreign Language 2002
Select 9 hours from the following courses"
Area H Program Electives Required Hours: 30
Select any 3000 or 4000 level communications courses.
Area I General Electives Required Hours: 24
Total Hours Required: 123