Bachelor of Business Administration
Turner College of Business
Department of Management and Marketing
- Program Description
- Admission Requirements
- Learning Outcomes
- Additional Program Requirements
- Program of Study
- 4 Year Course Schedule
Students receiving a BBA degree from the Turner College of Business will:
- demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving and decision-making in a business context.
- demonstrate knowledge of key business disciplines and concepts.
- recognize and analyze ethical issues in a business context.
- demonstrate knowledge of global business concepts and cultural diversity in a business context.
- communicate effectively in a business context.
- demonstrate proficiency in using information technology in a business context.
Students completing the General Business major should be prepared to:
- demonstrate knowledge of HR planning, recruiting, selection, training, development, compensation, benefits, performance management feedback, and disciplinary systems
- demonstrate the ability to apply basic psychological theories of decision-making based on value priorities and perceptions
- apply capital budgeting analysis to identify positive NPV investment opportunities to increase the firm value.
- apply critical thinking skills to evaluate different options for starting, operating and growing a small business.
Additional Program Requirements
All students must earn C or better in Area F, C average in Area G, C or better in Area H, and C average in Area I business electives.
Program of Study
Area B Institutional Options Required Hours: 4-5
Select two of the following courses:
Select one of the following courses: Foreign Language 1001, 1002, 2001, or 2002
Any Area C-E course with a study abroad component.
Note: Students must complete Area B and Area D with a combined total of 15 credit hours within the following ranges: Area B, 4-5 hours; Area D1, 7-8 hours; Area D2, 3-4 hours. Any additional hours may be applied to Area F or beyond, depending on the program of study. Students should consult their advisors.
Area C Humanities/Fine Arts/Ethics Required Hours: 6
Select one of the following humanities courses:
Area D Science/Math/Technology Required Hours: 10-11
D1: Select two science courses from the list below, one of which must include a lab.
ASTR 1105/1305 (lab optional)
BIOL 1215K (lab included)
BIOL 1125 (no lab)
ENVS 1105/1105L (lab optional)
D2: Select one of the following courses or a science course from above:
*MATH 1125 is recommended for students considering graduate studies.
Area E Social Sciences Required Hours: 12
Select one course from the following two courses:
Take the following course:
Select one behavioral science course from the following courses:
Select one world cultures course from the following courses:
Wellness Requirement Required Hours: 3
Area F Courses Related to Major Required Hours: 18
A grade of "C" or better is required for each course in Area F. Students will not be allowed to take Area G courses until this requirement is met.
ACCT 2102 Principles of Accounting 2
BUSA 2115 Introduction to Business
Area G BBA Core Required Hours: 27
A minimum 2.0 grade point average is required for Area G.
(C or better required in your major’s prerequisite course and BUSA 4185)
BUSA 3116 Quantitative Analysis for Business 2
BUSA 3135 International Business
BUSA 4000 Business Professional Exit Requirement
(taken in last semester)
Select the following course:
BUSA 3126 Business Law
Area H Major Course Requirements Required Hours: 21
A minimum grade of "C" is required in each of the following courses:
MGMT 3135 Human Resource Management
ENTR 4186 Entrepreneurial Small Business
MKTG 3135 Consumer Behavior
Select 6 hours of electives from the following:
ACCT/BUSA/MISM/ECON/ENTR/FINC/FTA/MKTG 3***/4*** Elective (other than MGMT)
Area I General Electives Required Hours: 12
A minimum 2.0 grade point average is required for Area I business electives.
Select 9 hours of electives from the following:
ACCT/BUSA/MISM/ECON/ENTR/FINC/FTA/MGMT/MKTG 3***/4*** Elective
Non-Business Elective – 3 hours
Total Hours Required: 123