Master of Science
Organizational Leadership - Leader Development Track
Turner College of Business
Department of Management and Marketing
- Program Description
- Admission Requirements
- Learning Outcomes
- Additional Program Requirements
- Program of Study
The Leader Development track of the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership program will prepare professionals to develop and implement leadership training programs, understand and apply the principles of servant leadership in an organization and to lead in a legal and ethical fashion.
The MSOL is a 36-hour program, requiring a student to complete 12 graduate courses. Full-time students can complete the program in four semesters. All MSOL classes are taught in the evening. The program can be adapted for students who wish to attend part-time and complete the program within 18-24 months.
Beyond the general graduate program requirements, the MSOL degree program also has the following additional requirements:
- A graduate application, available online or in paper, with application fee.
- An official baccalaureate degree transcript from an accredited institution.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) Scores; students may also submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores. Only scores within the past five years will be accepted.
- GMAT school code: R64-XW-20
- GRE school code: 5123
- Two recommendation letters from professional sources such as current for former employers, faculty, and business associates are required. Please use the recommendation form provided.
- A current resume
- Graduates will apply knowledge of leadership theory, organizational behavior theory, and change management theory as they relate to best practices in organizational leadership.
- Graduates will apply knowledge of economic and financial conditions to organizational leadership issues.
Leader Development Track
- Leader Development graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the major theories, concepts, and research findings in the field of leadership.
Additional Program Requirements
This degree is subjected to the following requirements and conditions:
- Up to six hours of transfer credit may be accepted from an AACSB accredited institution.
- All students must complete the common core for the degree.
- A minimum B average in core courses, with no more than two C's, is required for degree completion.
- Students have a maximum of six years from the first term of enrollment to complete all MSOL degree requirements.
Program Of Study
MSOL 6000 MSOL Professional Exit Requirement
MSOL 6115 Organizational Behavior and Leadership
MSOL 6125 Negotiations and Conflict Resolution
MSOL 6135 Contemporary Economics and Finance for Leaders
MSOL 6145 Global Management
MSOL 6155 Strategic Leadership and Change Management
Area 2 Program Concentration Required hours: 15
MSSL 6117 Foundations in Servant Leadership
MSSL 6127 Contemporary Issues in Servant Leadership
MSSL 6137 Coaching or
POLS7177 National Security Policy
MSSL 6157 Organizational Ethics and Values
MSHR 6136 Employee Development
Area 3 Electives Required hours: 6
6 hours of Graduate courses approved by the Business Graduate Program Director.
Total Required Hours: 36