Bachelor of Science in Nursing
RN to BSN
College of Education and Health Professions
School of Nursing
- Program Description
- Admission Requirements
- Learning Outcomes
- Additional Program Requirements
- Program of Study
- 4 Year Course Schedule
This program is designed for the registered nurse to complete a degree conveniently and efficiently while continuing a career.
- For Registered Nurses seeking a BSN degree
- 12 month program
- May enter program year round
- Small, interactive classes offered in 7 week sessions
- 100% didactic portion online
- Community clinicals in your geographical area
- Dedicated RN student faculty advisor
- Core and nursing pre-requisite courses (63 hours), Nursing 60 hours, (32 credits are awarded once successful completion of NURS 3191 and completing 6.67 credits of nursing courses).
- No commuting to campus
- 100% employment rate for graduates
- Asynchronous classes
- Highly qualified faculty members with various nursing backgrounds who facilitate learning
- Ranked among the top regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report with special recognition of its online programs in the College of Education and Health Professions
- Admission to Columbus State University. All transcripts must be sent to Columbus State University's Office of Admissions.
- Hold a valid nursing license.
- Earn the minimum nursing grade point average (GPA) (2.5 based on a 4.0 scale). Calculated on pre-requisite courses required for the nursing degree.
- A grade of C or better in all required science courses and labs.
- Graduate of an accredited Associate Degree Program.
Graduates of the CSU BSN Program will:
- Graduates will provide safe, patient-centered care in a variety of settings.
- Graduates will function as a leader within the nursing roles provider of care, manager of care, and member of the profession.
- Graduates will use sound evidence to make appropriate clinical decisions about health care.
- Graduates will integrate informatics into nursing practice in a variety of settings.
- Graduates will apply the quality improvement process to ensure patient safety and to meet desired clinical outcomes.
- Graduates will communicate and collaborate with members of the interdisciplinary health care team in a professional and effective manner, through verbal, non-verbal, written and electronic means to improve patient outcomes and teamwork.
- Graduates will apply concepts of safe practice to ensure optimal patient clinical outcomes.
Additional Program Requirements
Program Of Study
Area B Institutional Options Required Hours: 4
Select one of the following courses:
Select one of the following courses: Foreign Language 1001, 1002, 2001, or 2002
Any Area C-E course with a study abroad component.
Note: the extra hour(s) will not be used as part of the Nursing (BSN) core. The Nursing (BSN) program only requires 4 credit hours in Area B.
Area C Humanities/Fine Arts/Ethics Required Hours: 6
Select one of the following humanities courses:
Area D Science/Math/Technology Required Hours: 11
CHEM 1151/1151L and CHEM 1152/1152L
OR BIOL 1215K and BIOL 1225K
OR PHYS 1111 with PHYS 1311 Lab and PHYS 1112 with PHYS 1312 Lab
Select one of the following courses or an Area D science course:
ASTR 1105/1305 (lab optional)
BIOL 1215K (lab included)
BIOL 1125 (no lab)
ENVS 1105 (no lab)
Area E Social Sciences Required Hours: 12
Select one course from the following two courses:
Take the following course:
Select one behavioral science course from the following courses:
Select one world cultures course from the following courses:
Wellness Requirement Required Hours: 3
Area F Courses Related to Major Required Hours: 18
BIOL 2221 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
BIOL 2222 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
BIOL 2225 Microbiology for Health Sciences
PSYC 1101 Intro to General Psychology
STAT 1127 Introductory Statistics
Area G Program Requirements Required Hours: 60
NURS 3192 Professional Development Perspectives RN I
NURS 3194 Applied Pathophysiology
NURS 3195 Evidence- Based Practice RN
NURS 3293 Introduction to Health Assessment and Wellness
Total hours Required: 123