Final Examination Schedules
Final exam schedules are created in a way that minimizes the number of students with more than one exam a day.
Final Exam Guidelines:
- Final Exam Week is Dec. 1-5 for full term courses. In these courses, instructors should end regular instruction and all synchronous activities on Nov. 23 and conduct final exams (or appropriate culminating activities) during Final Exam Week.
- Final exams (or any activity during Exam Week) should be conducted asynchronously and be designed to be completed in no more than 150 minutes.
- Final exams should be designed to proceed without proctoring or proctoring services (other than tools built into CougarVIEW).
- Students with disabilities can usually be accommodated within CougarVIEW. If in doubt, instructors should contact the Center for Accommodation and Access for guidance on accommodations.
- Exceptions to these guidelines must be approved by the appropriate academic dean.
These guidelines are designed to allow final exams to proceed in an unpredictable environment with potential coronavirus disruptions, closed testing centers, the potential for shelter-in-place conditions, students who may not have access to computers at a given time, and students who may have children at home unexpectedly.