CougarVIEW Starter Guide
Need some help navigating the new version of CougarVIEW?
CougarVIEW has recently been updated. It is the new learning management system. Most functions remain, but your homepage and others will look different and tools may be in different locations.
For a quick guide on CougarVIEW's functions and their descriptions, follow this link and check out the key terminology.
Follow this link for a quick start quide of the CougarVIEW environment for students, including an overview, screenshots of the new home page layout, help with navigation, and tips on accessing course content,
Please Note that the links for accessingCougarVIEW will remain the same, as will your login credentials. You will continue to use your OneCSU username and password.
Please click on any of the links below to take you to other subject areas in CougarVIEW.
- Accessibility - System Help for Students With Disabilities
- Assignments - Dropbox, Attachments, Printing, Feedback, HTML Editor
- Communication - Calendar, News and Updates, Email, the Classlist, BB Collaborate Online Rooms, BB Collaborate Orientations
- Discussions - Discussion Forums and Topics
- Gradebook - Grades, Viewing Graded Items (PDF)
- Quizzes - Navigating and Taking Quizzes, Viewing Results
Tools Added to CourgarVIEW
- ProctorU - Accessing ProctorU from CougarView
- Pulse Mobile App - a new mobile app from Brightspace connecting students to online courses in CougarVIEW
If you experience any Technical Difficulties, please visit this resource:
- Troubleshooting - your first stop when you have a technological problem.
Entire Student Guide
- Follow this link for entire CougarVIEW Student Guides
Other Useful Resources
This guide is not intended to be an exhaustive set of tutorials. However, there are several excellent online resources for students with more questions. Among those are:
- GeorgiaVIEW (D2L) Help Center - also called the D2L Help Center (DHC), is a searchable database of resources.
- DePaul University Tutorials - contains a robust collection of videos demonstrating D2L functions.
- CSU Libraries for Distance Learners - includes excellent links to library resources and student support.
- CSU Student Services - includes links to Center for Accommodation and Access, tutoring, the book store and more.
- CSU Computer Help Desk may be contacted at 706-507-8199 or at helpdesk@ColumbusState.edu